Andi Alifian Mallarangeng
Name : Andi Alifian Mallarangeng
Nick : Andi
Birth Date : Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan, 14 Maret 1963
Wife : Vitri Cahyaningsih
* Gemilang Mallarangeng,
* Gemintang Kejora Mallarangeng
* Mentari Bunga Rantiga Mallarangeng.
Parents : Andi Mallarangeng dan Andi Asni Patoppoi
* Rizal Mallarangeng
* Coel Mallarangeng
* An Indonesian political observer
* Minister of Youth and Sports in the United Indonesia Cabinet II.
* Presidential spokesman for President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
* He also served as chief editor of the website President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
* Lecturer at the University of Hasanuddin (1988-1999)
* Lecturer at the Institute of Government (1999-2002)
* Chair of Policy Committee on Govermance Partnership for Reform in Indonesia (2000-2002)
* Expert staff of State Minister of Regional Autonomy (1999-2000).
* Members of the General Elections Commission (KPU 1999)
* Doctor of Philisophy in political science from Northern Illinois University (NIU) Dekalb, Illinois, United States in 1997.
* At the same university, he earned a Master of Science degree in sociology.
* Drs Sociology degree FISIPOL scored from Gajah Mada University, Yogyakarta in 1986.
* Man of the Year,
* Majalah MATRA (2002),
* Future Leader of Asia, Majalah Asia Week (1999),
* Bintang Jasa Utama RI (1999),
* Percy Buchman Prize (1995).
His father, Andi Mallarangeng (1936-1972) was the mayor of “Pare Pare” who became mayor at the age of 32 years. His father died at the age of 36 years, when Andi 9-year-old junior. Her mother, Andi Patoppoi Asni.
grandfather, Andi Patoppoi (1910-1977), former Regent Grobogan, Central Java and also Regent of Bone, South Sulawesi, who raised him. This grandfather was one of the youth of South Sulawesi which had persuaded the kings of the South Sulawesi to support its sovereignty and submit to the Republic of Indonesia which was proclaimed on August 17, 1945. From his father and grandfather, he learned about the spirit that transcends Indonesianness regional spirit, of whom he also learned about regional values that enrich Indonesianness values. And from his mother to learn about life as a struggle.